Resistance School is building the world’s first online education and offline action platform. We inspire to make trainings available to all activists, regardless of experience, for FREE.
We are looking for developers to volunteer with us on a part-time basis. You’ll be a major contributor in building out our learning platform.
10-15 hours a week
- Develop, test, deploy, and maintain Resistance School’s web-based learning platform
- Collaborate with the rest of the Resistance School’s multifunctional team to guide design and architecture decision-making for new features
- Contribute to team code and design reviews
- Manage individual project priorities, deadlines, and deliverables within a team that uses agile software development principles
- Experience developing in a dynamic, object-oriented language (e.g., Python, Ruby, PHP)
- Working proficiency and communication skills in verbal and written English, and ability to communicate to both technical and non-technical teams
- Self-motivated with strong organizational and time management skills
- Passion for social change!
- Willingness to learn!
- Experience developing for WordPress
- Proficient in using Git, and experience with GitHub